Eowyn - Ready for final painting.


 

I have finished the preliminary undercoating using Vallejo Model Air acrylics and am now ready to start the final painting using artist's oil paints.

The prime reason behind the decision to use oils is that Eowyn wears a lot of leather, and I have found over time that I can get a more accurate likeness in oils. I think it's because of the natural satin sheen of the oil paint.

So I'm letting the figurine sit for several days to ensure that the undercoats are perfectly dry and hard and then I'll start applying the oil-paint finishes.

As mentioned in the previous post, the chain-mail was done using the acrylic Rust and Aluminium, so that part is completed.

More will follow.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Felicia "Under Construction".

Eowyn, from Lord of the Rings.

Eowyn - Starting the finishing painting.