Felicia "Under Construction".

Felicia "Under Construction"!

The last post included a couple of pix of "Felicia" (steampunk gunslinger) in grey primer and the mention that I would post an update during the painting process.

Well, the prime base colours were done using Vallejo's acrylics, the "Air" versions, designed primarily for air-brushing. However, they work beautifully when brushed on in thin layers.
Once they had dried for several days I cleaned the figure with kitchen detergent and then proceeded to apply the finishing coats in artists oils - a mix of Winsor & Newton and Reeves, which I've had for years.

So today I can present the following photos, taken last night, and also posed in the same positions as the grey undercoat shots so that you can compare the changes. If you click on them they will open with a much larger image.




Once I've finished Felicia I'll post another update. In the meantime there is much fine detail to be completed....very fiddly!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eowyn, from Lord of the Rings.

Eowyn - Starting the finishing painting.